Sunday, July 24, 2011

An Absolute Message

I was in Portland, Oregon recently for a trade show.  Fortuantely, we could ride the local metro back and forth from the hotel to convention center and avoid the expense of taxis.

On one day, on the way back to the hotel, I had a conversation with a homeless man on the train. I could see other passengers were uncomfortable but I am reminded these are the folks that Jesus worked with, walked with, ate with.  I can certainly have a conversation with a fellow human being.

In my pocket was a scripture card that I got on board Alaska Airlines.  Something told me to share that card with the man, and I asked God to bless him.

The man was quite touched and then he repeated back to me the following scripture:

Ephesians 1:17-18
New International Version (NIV)
"17 I keep asking that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the glorious Father, may give you the Spirit[a] of wisdom and revelation, so that you may know him better. 18 I pray that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which he has called you, the riches of his glorious inheritance in his holy people,"

As one who is working daily to know our Father God, what a shot this was.  Amen and thank you, Father.

1 comment:

  1. I'm a Christian blogger! Hope you could check out my blog!

    ReplyDelete